1. What is binding?
Binding links your QQ number to your email address. This allows you to sign into QQ by entering your email address rather than your QQ number.
In the English version of the QQ client, you can't bind an email address from QQ (@qq.com.) Sorry!
2. Why should I bind my email address?
Here are three reasons:
- An email address is much easier for you and your friends to remember than a long QQ number.
- Binding your QQ number to your email address helps to prevent identity theft.
- Once you bind your email address, you can set your profile to display your email address rather than your QQ number. This helps to distinguish you from other QQ users.
3. What is a display ID?
After you bind your email address, you'll essentially have two IDs: your email address and your QQ number. One of these two—the display ID—will be shown more prominently in the QQ client. Your other ID will only appear in "My Profile."
Once your email and QQ number are successfully bound, you can choose which ID to display by changing your "My Profile" settings in the QQ client. Keep in mind: you can only change your display ID twice per month.
4. Why is other people's display ID an email address, but mine is my QQ number?
You have to bind your email address to your QQ number in order to use an email address as your display ID. Email binding is only supported in version QQ2007 or later of the QQ client. Once your email and QQ number are successfully bound, you can choose which ID to display by changing your "My Profile" settings in the QQ client.
5. When I use my bound email address as an ID on certain parts of the site, I'm told that "This ID does not exist", or "Please enter the correct ID." Why?
Some services like QQ Show and QQ Music do not yet recognize bound email addresses as IDs. We're working on this! If you want to send gifts to a friend, you'll need to enter your friend’s QQ number rather than his or her email address. Your friend's QQ number is displayed on his or her “Profile” page.
6. Why can’t I use my bound email address to sign in to services like QQ Music, QQ Game, and QQ Show?
Currently you can only use your bound email address to sign into QQ. Other services like QQ Music, QQ Game, QQ Show, and QQ Pet do not yet allow you to use your bound email to sign in, change your password, or retrieve your QQ ID.
7. I've changed my display ID settings, but I still see my old ID being displayed.
You'll only be able to see your new display ID settings by signing out of the QQ client and signing in again. Your friends will see your updated display ID once they refresh your personal information.
8. If I bind my email address, can I use the QQ panel to check my email?
No—sorry! You can’t open your bound mailbox from the QQ panel.
9. Can I change my bound email address?
Yes, you can change your bound email address, but there are some limitations. Currently you're only allowed to change your bound email address five times per month. After you bind a third-party email address to your QQ ID, you'll receive an automated email asking you to activate the binding between your new email address and your QQ ID. If you choose not to activate this email address, you'll still have the same number of opportunities per month to change your bound email address as you had before.
10. Can I bind more than one email address to my QQ ID number?
No—sorry! Each QQ ID can only be bound to one email address.
11. What can I do if I'm using a bound email address, but I forget my QQ ID number?
Sign in to QQ. Go to Settings ——>My Profile. You'll see your QQ number listed after the display ID.